Herbert Shells (c.1895-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SHELLS, HERBERT. Private. No 24779. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Son of Charles France and Elizabeth Shells, 2 Riverside, Armitage Bridge. Employed at Armitage Bridge Mills. Was mobilised at the outbreakof the war. Reported missing, presumed killed, 15.4.1918, aged 22 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated PLOEGSTEERT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- Brother of Private WILLIAM SHELLS died of wounds, 15.10.1918.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HERBERT SHELLS
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Monday, April 15, 1918
- age: 22 years
- record ID: 868248
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #868248)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3997833)