Herbert Schofield (1885-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SCHOFIELD, HERBERT. Private. No 6738. 1/5th Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Born 95 Acre Street, Lindley, Huddersfield, 16.10.1885. Son of William Henry and Phoebe Ann Schofield, 35 Eldon Road, Marsh, Huddersfield. Educated Lindley Church of England School. Employed as a cloth finisher by Messrs Crowther Brothers, Stanley Mills, Milnsbridge. Single. Enlisted 24.5.1916. Wounded in the arm and leg, 29.10.1916. Died of wounds at No 8 British Red Cross Hospital, 4.11.1916, aged 31 years. Buried ETAPLES MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 12, Row C, Grave 10a.
- Brother of Private WILLIE SCHOFIELD killed in action, 24.11.1916.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HERBERT SCHOFIELD
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Saturday, November 4, 1916
- age: 31 years
- record ID: 505532
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #505532)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3924591)