Herbert Rollin (c.1886-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ROLLIN, HERBERT. Private. No PO/1332(S). Royal Marine Light Infantry. 1st Reserve Battalion, Royal Naval Division. Born Linthwaite. Lived with his sister, Mrs Willie Pogson, 529 Jovil, Linthwaite, whose husband was serving in Salonika. Employed at Black Rock Mills, Linthwaite. Enlisted January 1916. Was wounded on one occasion. He was at Aldershot on his way home from leave when he contracted a cold which turned into pneumonia. Died at Aldershot, 20.11.1918, aged 32 years. Buried with full military honours ALDERSHOT MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- AF, 2135.
- ROH:- Linthwaite War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HERBERT ROLLIN
- regiment: Royal Marine Light Infantry
- died: Wednesday, November 20, 1918
- age: 32 years
- record ID: 359618
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #359618)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #6938390)