Herbert Mellor (c.1882-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MELLOR, HERBERT. Private. No 242818. 'D' Company, 1/7th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Linthwaite. Son of Henry Mellor of Slaithwaite. Husband of Eva Mellor, 11 Hollins Glen, Slaithwaite. Killed in action, 25.4.1918, aged 35 years. Buried POPERINGHE NEW MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row K, Grave 5.
- ROH:- St. James' Church, Slaithwaite; Slaithwaite War Memorial; Linthwaite War Memorial; Milnsbridge War Memorial; Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HERBERT MELLOR
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, April 25, 1918
- age: 35 years
- record ID: 139410
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #139410)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3006030)