Herbert Lister (1888-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- LISTER, HERBERT. Private. No 34338. 8th Battalion North Staffordshire Regiment. Formerly No 13039 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Shaws Row, Berry Brow, Huddersfield, 5.12.1888. Son of James Lister, 33a Chapel Street, Berry Brow. Educated Berry Brow Council School. Employed as a teamer by Mr Tom Taylor. Single. Enlisted 14.11.1914. Reported missing, presumed killed, 24.3.1918, aged 29 years. Buried DELSAUX FARM CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row A, Grave 12.
- ROH:- Armitage Bridge War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private LISTER
- regiment: North Staffordshire Regiment
- died: Sunday, March 24, 1918
- age: 28 years
- record ID: 240229
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #240229)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2674129)