Herbert Kenyon (c.1893-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- KENYON, HERBERT. Private. No 122275. 9th Company Machine Gun Corps. Formerly No 8043 West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Huddersfield. Married. Lived 24 Back Colne Street, Aspley. Employed by Messrs Jarmaine and Sons of Kirkheaton. Invalided home suffering from trench fever. Killed in action, 21.3.1918, aged 24 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated POZIERES MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Andrew's Church, Leeds Road.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HERBERT KENYON
- regiment: Machine Gun Corps
- died: Thursday, March 21, 1918
- record ID: 1583768
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1583768)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2233569)