Herbert Henry Spivey (1888-1915)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SPIVEY, HERBERT HENRY. Private. No 4405. 8th Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Fleming House Lane, Dalton, Huddersfield, 16.12.1888. Son of Mrs M. N. Spivey, 484 Wakefield Road, Dalton. Educated Moldgreen Council School. Employed as a finisher by Messrs Dyson, Hall and Company, Greenside Mills, Dalton. Enlisted 4.8.1914. Killed in action near Dead Man's House, Suvla, Gallipoli, on 19.8.1915. Has no known grave. Commemorated HELLES MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Kirkheaton.
- Brother of Private ERNEST EDWIN SPIVEY died, 31.12.1918.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HERBERT HENRY SPIVEY
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Thursday, August 19, 1915
- age: 27 years
- record ID: 685836
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #685836)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4210783)