Herbert Haigh (1893-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HAIGH, HERBERT. Private. No 35388. 1st Battalion Leicestershire Regiment. Formerly No 2038 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Joanroyd, Cubley, Penistone, 29.6.1893. Son of Emily Haigh, Brooks Fold, Colnebridge, Bradley, Huddersfield. Educated at schools in Penistone, Cubley, Longsett and Burbage. Employed by Messrs Learoyd Brothers and Company Limited. Attended St. Thomas's Church, Bradley. Single. Enlisted September 1914. Wounded 4.12.1917. Died of wounds at No 21 Casualty Clearing Station, Ytres, 5.12.1917, aged 25 years. Buried ROCQUIGNY-EQUANCOURT ROAD BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 5, Row E, Grave 6.
- Brother of Private JOE HAIGH died of wounds, 5.9.1918.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HERBERT HAIGH
- regiment: Leicestershire Regiment
- died: Wednesday, December 5, 1917
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 243870
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #243870)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1515574)