Herbert Goodrick (1889-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- GOODRICK, HERBERT. Private. No 2872. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Hillhouse, Huddersfield, 22.7.1889. Son of Ashley and Annie Goodrick, 1 Colne Terrace, Aspley, Huddersfield. Educated St. John's School, Hillhouse. Employed as a tailor's presser by Messrs Brook and Sugden, Paige Street, Huddersfield. Married. Living at 15 Robinson Street, Aspley. Enlisted 3.9.1914. Reported missing, presumed killed, 17.9.1916, aged 27 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Paul's Church, Southgate, Huddersfield; Christ Church, Moldgreen; Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HERBERT GOODRICK
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Sunday, September 17, 1916
- age: 27 years
- record ID: 749098
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #749098)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1382941)