Herbert Fisher (c.1893-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- FISHER, HERBERT. Private. No 47920. 12th Battalion Durham Light Infantry. Born Skelmanthorpe. Son of George Henry and Johanna Fisher of 10 Sunnyside Cottages, Skelmanthorpe. Employed as a stoker by Messrs Field and Botterill of Skelmanthorpe. Enlisted October 1916. Died of wounds, 2.6.1917, aged 23 years. Buried HOP STORE CEMETERY, VLAMERTINGHE, BELGIUM. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row A, Grave 29.
- ROH:- St. Aidan's Church, Skelmanthorpe.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HERBERT FISHER
- regiment: Durham Light Infantry
- died: Saturday, June 2, 1917
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 135966
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #135966)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1244271)