Herbert Boothroyd (1885-1920)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BOOTHROYD, HERBERT. Private. No 2168. 4th Battalion Hampshire Regiment. Born Sheepridge, Huddersfield, 26.6.1885. Son of Law and Ann Boothroyd, 52 Bentley Street, Lockwood. Educated at Mirfield Grammar School. Employed as a school teacher. Enlisted 16.9.1913. Died at home, 52 Bentley Street, Lockwood, of Chronic Nephritis on 14. 11.1920, aged 35. Buried in LOCKWOOD CEMETERY. Grave location:- D, 'C', 143C.
- ROH:- Lockwood Baptist Church; Emmanuel Church, Lockwood.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HERBERT BOOTHROYD
- regiment: Hampshire Regiment
- died: Sunday, November 14, 1920
- age: 35 years
- record ID: 2752156
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752156)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #417963)