Herbert Beaumont (1892-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BEAUMONT, HERBERT. Private. No 53411. 2/9th Battalion The King's (Liverpool) Regiment. Born Snow Lea, Longwood, 16.3.1892. Son of Arthur and Emma Beaumont, Rose Bank, New Hey Road, Longwood. Educated at Goitfield Council School, Longwood. Employed by Messrs J. Hopkinson and Company Limited, Birkby, as a brass finisher. Enlisted 3.2.1917. Gassed in Gommecourt Wood and died at the Base Hospital at Rouen of the effects of gas, 16.5.1918, 20 years. Buried in St. SEVER CEMETERY EXTENSION, ROUEN. Grave location:- Block P, Plot P, Row 11. Grave 2B.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HERBERT BEAUMONT
- regiment: King's Liverpool Regiment
- died: Thursday, May 16, 1918
- age: 20 years
- record ID: 515906
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #515906)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #265702)