Herbert Bailey (c.1897?-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BAILEY, HERBERT. Private. No 352242. Training Reserve, transferred to 160th Company Labour Corps. Born Fewston near Harrogate. Educated at Thorpe Board School, Idle, Bradford. Worked as a spinner. Husband of Florence Edith Bailey, 184 Blackmoorfoot Road, Crosland Moor, Huddersfield. Enlisted 22.6.1916. Killed in action near Cambrai, 22.12.17. Buried RIBECOURT ROAD CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row D, Grave 2.
- ROH:- St. Barnabas Church, Crosland Moor.
- Brother of Private LEONARD BAILEY, killed in action, 27.1.1918.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private BAILEY
- regiment: Training Reserve transferred to Labour Corps
- died: Saturday, December 22, 1917
- record ID: 595784