Herbert Armitage (c.1895-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ARMITAGE, HERBERT. Driver. No 149553. 30th Divisional Ammunition Column Royal Field Artillery. Born Lockwood. Son of Fred and Emma Armitage, 5 Bank Terrace, Armitage Bridge. Worked at Newsome Mills. Enlisted 1916. Died of wounds at No 38 Casualty Clearing Station, Haringhe, Belgium, 25.4.1918. Buried in HARINGHE (BANDAGHEM) MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row E, Grave 44.
- ROH:- Armitage Bridge War Memorial.
- Brother of Private WILFRED ARMITAGE, died of wounds 9.12.1916.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Driver HERBERT ARMITAGE
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Thursday, April 25, 1918
- age: 22 years
- record ID: 93519
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #93519)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #62897)