Hepworth Local Board was the local authority body primarily responsible for issues relating to public health in the township of Hepworth and was formed on 11 June 1862 with an initial membership of nine persons.
Typically elected by local rate payers and property owners, Local Boards were formed following the Public Health Act 1848 and the subsequent Local Government Act 1858, and had responsibility for the oversight of sewers, water supplies, public toilets, street cleaning, slaughterhouses, pavements, and burial grounds within their district.
The Hepworth Local Board District was described as comprising the "township of Hepworth, except such part thereof as lies within the hamlet of Scholes" which was administered by Scholes Local Board.
The Local Board was superseded by the short-lived Hepworth Urban District Council, which was then amalgamated with Scholes and Fulstone Urban District Councils to become the New Mill Urban District Council by the end of 1895.
The district covered by the Local Board (shaded green), as shown on the 1892 O.S. maps, covered most of the Civil Parish of Hepworth. The district also included detached areas of land in the townships of Wooldale (about 110 acres) and Fulstone (½ acre).