Henry Sharples (c.1888-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SHARPLES, HENRY. Private. No 1104. 10th Battalion Lincolnshire Regiment. Born Wigan. Enlisted Wakefield. Lived Meltham. Killed in action, 28.4.1917. Buried ROEUX BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Row B, Grave 48.
- ROH:- St. Bartholomew's Church, Meltham.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private SHARPLES
- regiment: Lincolnshire Regiment
- died: Saturday, April 28, 1917
- record ID: 533628
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #533628)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3980872)