Henry Bonser (1888-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BONSER, HENRY. Private. No 41126. 1st Battalion Worcestershire Regiment. Formerly No 31651 North Staffordshire Regiment. Born Cumberworth. Son of the late Mr W Bonser and Mrs Bonser of Grasscroft, Almondbury. Husband of Lily Bonser, 22 Back Industrial Street, Primrose Hill. Employed as a dairyman by the Huddersfield Cooperative Dairies Limited. Attended the Huddersfield Mission. Enlisted 6.11.1916. Reported missing, presumed killed, 1.4.1918. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the POZIERES MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Almondbury War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HENRY BONSER
- regiment: Worcestershire Regiment
- died: Monday, April 1, 1918
- record ID: 853133
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #853133)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #409985)