Henry Beaumont (1895-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BEAUMONT, HENRY. Private. No 27655. 92nd Company Machine Gun Corps. Formerly No 17792 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Somerset Yard, Moldgreen, 13.7.1895. Son of Joseph and Louisa Beaumont, 19 Violet Street, Turnbridge. Educated at Huddersfield Parish Church School. Employed as a dyer by Mr Arthur Dyson of Aspley Mills. Attended the Rock Mission and was a member of Turnbridge Working Mens' Club. Enlisted 20.1.1916. Killed in action, 17.5.1917, near Arras. Buried in BAILLEUL ROAD EAST CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row J, Grave 13.
- ROH:- Turnbridge War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HENRY BEAUMONT
- regiment: Machine Gun Corps
- died: Thursday, May 17, 1917
- age: 22 years
- record ID: 312530
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #312530)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #265692)