Henri Rogers Harpin (1888-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HARPIN, HENRI ROGERS. Private. No 240317. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Cowcliffe, Huddersfield, 19.10.1888. Son of Thomas Kilner Harpin, 3 Bow Street, Huddersfield. Educated Thomas Street Council School and Warwick Road Board School. Employed as an engineer. Married. Lived Springwood Avenue, Huddersfield. Enlisted 4.8.1914. Reported missing, presumed killed, at the Battle of Bullecourt, 3.5.1917, aged 29. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Andrew's Church, Leeds Road, Huddersfield; Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HENRI ROGERS HARPIN
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, May 3, 1917
- record ID: 785400
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #785400)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1570180)