Harry Wray (c.1891-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WRAY, HARRY. Private. No 325783. 1/9th Battalion Durham Light Infantry. Formerly No 7427 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Shepley, Huddersfield. Son of Carter and Mary Wray, Bank End, Shelley. Husband of Ivy Wray, The Post Office, Townend, Shelley. Employed as a weaver by Messrs Firth Brothers of Shepley. Attended Shelley Congregational Church. Was a member of the Shelley Cricket Club first eleven. Enlisted July 1916. Embarked for France in November, 1916. Killed in action, 23.2.1917, aged 25 years. Buried ASSEVILLERS NEW BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row A, Grave 5.
- ROH:- Emmanuel Church, Shelley.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARRY WRAY
- regiment: Durham Light Infantry
- died: Friday, February 23, 1917
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 335978
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #335978)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4889039)