Harry Wood (c.1888-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WOOD, HARRY. Private. No 202542. 2/4th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Huddersfield. Son of Eliza Ann Wood, of Burkinshaw Road, Outlane and the late Joseph Wood. Employed as a spinner by Messrs B. Crosland and Sons, Oakes, Huddersfield. Attended Outlane Wesleyan Sunday School. Was a member of the Outlane Bowling Club. Enlisted March 1916. Returned to France in March, 1918, after a spell of home leave. Died of gunshot wounds to the head on 2.4.1918, aged 29 years. Buried ETAPLES MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 33, Row C, Grave 10.
- Brother of Private TEDDY WOOD reported missing, presumed killed, 31.8.1917.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WOOD
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Tuesday, April 2, 1918
- age: 29 years
- record ID: 507293
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #507293)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4850833)