Harry Vincent Armitage (c.1895-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ARMITAGE, HARRY (HENRY) VINCENT. Private. No 241006. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Son of Mr and Mrs Willie Armitage, Old Post Office Yard, Shelley. Worked at Messrs. Stringer and Jagger's Colliery, Emley Moor. Enlisted. February 1915. Killed in action at the Battle of Bullecourt, 3.5.1917, aged 21 years. Commemorated on the ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Emmanuel Church, Shelley; Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARRY VINCENT ARMITAGE
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, May 3, 1917
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 738867
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #738867)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #62957)