Harry Tunnacliffe (1884-1917)
He married Janet Armitage (1885-1958) in August 1907 at All Hallows, Kirkburton.
Before enlisting, he worked as a painter and decorator for Charles Henry Best of Moldgreen.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- TUNNACLIFFE, HARRY. Private. No 202820. 1/4th Battalion King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Born Lepton, Huddersfield. Husband of Janet Tunnacliffe, 10 Tandem, Kirkheaton. Employed by Mr C. H. Best, painter and decorator, of Moldgreen. Enlisted September 1916. Died from gas poisoning on 25.7.1917 at No 24 Casualty Clearing Station at Oosthoek, Belgium. He was 33 years of age. Buried ADINKERKE CHURCHYARD EXTENSION. Grave location:- Grave No 848.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARRY TUNNACLIFFE
- regiment: King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
- died: Wednesday, July 25, 1917
- age: 33 years
- record ID: 163959
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #163959)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4510785)
- SlaterOnline: Harry Tunnacliffe
Notes and References
- SlaterOnline: Harry Tunnacliffe, courtesy of Neil Slater.