Harry Sykes (c.1885-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SYKES, HARRY. Private. No 242696. 8th Battalion North Staffordshire Regiment. Son of Walter and Charlotte Sykes. Husband of Mary Sykes, 66 Upper Brow Road, Paddock. Employed as a mason by Messrs T. E. Barlow and Son, contractors, of Viaduct Street, Huddersfield. Attended Milton Church P.S.A. Killed in action, 20.9.1917, at Passchendaele, aged 32. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- All Saints Church, Paddock.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARRY SYKES
- regiment: North Staffordshire Regiment
- died: Thursday, September 20, 1917
- age: 32 years
- record ID: 826929
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #826929)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4341779)