Harry Sheard (c.1883-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SHEARD, HARRY. Lance Corporal. No 23927. 9th Battalion York and Lancaster Regiment. Born High Hoyland, Barnsley. Husband of Olive Sheard of Upper Denby, Denby Dale. Employed at Denby Dale collieries. Played with the Clayton West and Denby Dale brass bands. Enlisted November 1915. Killed in action in Italy on 15.6.1918, aged 34 years. Buried GRANEZZA BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row D, Grave 9.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Lance Corporal SHEARD
- regiment: York and Lancaster Regiment
- died: Saturday, June 15, 1918
- age: 34 years
- record ID: 638851
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #638851)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3992259)