Harry Shaw (c.1895-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SHAW, HARRY. Private. No 16215. 8th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Holthead Bridge, Slaithwaite. Son of Sykes and Clara Shaw, 11 Hill Top Road, Slaithwaite. Employed as a finisher by Mr John Ed Crowther of Marsden. Was a member of the Y.M.C.A. Slaithwaite Cricket Club. Attended the Holthead General Sunday School. Enlisted in 1915. Killed in action at Passchendaele on 28.8.1917, aged22 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Carr Lane Methodist Church, Slaithwaite; St. James' Church, Slaithwaite; Slaithwaite War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARRY SHAW
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Tuesday, August 28, 1917
- age: 22 years
- record ID: 829214
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #829214)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3986126)