Harry Pogson (c.1898-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- POGSON, HARRY. Private. No 87379. 12th Battalion The King's (Liverpool Regiment). Son of Arthur and Ellen Pogson, 29 Cliffe End Road, Longwood, Huddersfield. Educated Paddock Board School. Employed in the scouring department at Messrs John Crowther and Sons, Union Mills, Milnsbridge. Attended Salendine Nook Baptist Chapel. Single. Enlisted 4.5.1917. Died of wounds received at the Battle of Cambrai at No 5 Casualty Clearing Station on 22.11.1917. Buried TINCOURT NEW BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row G, Grave 2.
- ROH:- St. Stephen's Church, Lindley; Salendine Nook Baptist Church; commemorated in the Chapel yard, F20.
- Brother of Private JOHN WADSWORTH POGSON died of wounds, 13.7.1916.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARRY POGSON
- regiment: King's Liverpool Regiment
- died: Thursday, November 22, 1917
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 256176
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #256176)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3542117)