Harry Platt (c.1889-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- PLATT, HARRY. Private. No 30/356. 13th Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Castle Houses, near Castle Hill, Huddersfield. Son of Joe and Elizabeth Broadbent, 32 Close Hill Lane, Newsome, Huddersfield. Educated Lockwood Board School. Employed as a teamer by Messrs North and Bowler, Wholesale Market, Huddersfield. Single. Enlisted 9.5.1916. Killed in action at High Wood during the Battle of the Somme on 22.9.1916, aged 27 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- Brother of Private JOE PLATT killed in action, 3.10.1918.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARRY PLATT
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Friday, September 22, 1916
- age: 27 years
- record ID: 1548539
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1548539)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3535161)