Harry Oldham (1899-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- OLDHAM, HARRY. Private. No 41134. 8th Battalion The King's Own (Royal Lancaster Regiment). Born 14 Shaw Row, Berry Brow, Huddersfield, 10.4.1899. Son of Mr and Mrs Saville Oldham, 34 School Lane, Berry Brow. Educated Berry Brow Council School and Hillhouse Higher Elementary School. Attended Berry Brow Wesleyan Church. Employed as a clerk at the Huddersfield gasworks. Single. Enlisted 12.4.1917. Died of wounds at the 1st Canadian Casualty Clearing Station on 20.7.1918, aged 19 years. Buried PERNES BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 5, Row F, Grave 8.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARRY OLDHAM
- regiment: King's Own (Royal Lancaster Regiment)
- died: Saturday, July 20, 1918
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 75193873
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #75193873)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3325838)