Harry Oldham (1878-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- OLDHAM, HARRY. Private. No 45181. 1/5th Battalion London Regiment, The Rifle Brigade. Formerly No 32529 Durham Light Infantry. Born Denton, Manchester 3.8.1878. Son of the late Edward and Amanda Oldham. Educated at Denton schools and British School, Cleckheaton. Lived 39 North Street, Lockwood. Employed as a greengrocer. Single. Enlisted May 1916. Killed in action, 28.8.1918, aged 40. Has no known grave. Commemorated VIS-en-ARTOIS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Emmanuel Church, Lockwood.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Rifleman HARRY OLDHAM
- regiment: Rifle Brigade
- died: Wednesday, August 28, 1918
- age: 40 years
- record ID: 1747338
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1747338)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3325839)