Harry Maude (1893-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MAUDE, HARRY. Private. No 204100. 1/4th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Hall Ing, Honley, 6.2.1893. Educated Berry Brow Council School. Employed as a dyer's labourer at the Leeds Road Dyeworks, Huddersfield. Husband of Alma Maude, 23 Robin Hood Hill, Berry Brow. Enlisted 6.8.1916. Died of wounds at No 4 Casualty Clearing Station, 10.10.1917, aged 24 years. Buried DOZINGHEM MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 10, Row J, Grave 14.
- ROH:- Armitage Bridge War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private MAUDE
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Wednesday, October 10, 1917
- record ID: 153337
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #153337)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2977322)