Harry Iredale (c.1899-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- IREDALE, HARRY. Private. No 91229. 18th Battalion Durham Light Infantry. Born Paddock, Huddersfield. Son of John W. and Mary Jane Iredale, 12 High Street, Scapegoat Hill, Golcar. Killed in action, 1.10.1918, aged 19 years. Buried LANCASHIRE COTTAGE CEMETERY, BELGIUM. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row E, Grave 1.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private IREDALE
- regiment: Durham Light Infantry
- died: Tuesday, October 1, 1918
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 447812
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #447812)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2052257)