Harry Hellawell (c.1893-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HELLAWELL, HARRY. Private. No 42321. 2nd Battalion King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Born Huddersfield. Son of Emma Hellawell, 6 Station Terrace, Golcar. Lived Cowlersley Lane, Milnsbridge. Employed as a clerk by Messrs David Brown and Sons, Park Gear Works, Crosland Moor. Was a member of the Golcar Central Liberal Club. Attended St. John's Church, Golcar. Enlisted in 1915 and embarked for France in October, 1916. Killed in action, 11.2.1917, aged 23 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Golcar.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARRY HELLAWELL
- regiment: King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
- died: Sunday, February 11, 1917
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 790981
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #790981)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1825258)