Harry Haigh (1892-1919)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HAIGH, HARRY. Private. No 25507. 'D' Company, 2nd Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment. Born Green Mount Street, Moldgreen, 9.10.1892. Son of the late Joe and Margaret Haigh, 15 Rawthorpe Lane, Dalton. Employed as a cotton and woollen goods packer. Single. Enlisted 14.11.1915. Died in Mill Hill Sanatorium, Huddersfield, of tuberculosis of the lung following bronchial pneumonia on 27.6.1919. Buried St. JOHN'S CHURCHYARD, NEWSOME, HUDDERSFIELD. Grave location:- I, 75.
- Brother of Private HERBERT HAIGH killed in action, 9.10.1917.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARRY HAIGH
- regiment: Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Friday, June 27, 1919
- age: 26 years
- record ID: 2752192
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752192)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1515504)