Harry Ellis (c.1894-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ELLIS, HARRY. Private. No 241547. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Primrose Hill, Huddersfield. Son of Mr and Mrs W. Ellis, 306 Saville Place, Milnsbridge. Employed as a night weaver by Messrs Ben Hall and Sons, Milnsbridge. Reported missing at the Battle of Bullecourt, 3.5.1917, and afterwards presumed to have been killed on that date. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARRY ELLIS
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, May 3, 1917
- record ID: 1541366
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1541366)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2449855)