Harry Coe (1896-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- COE, HARRY. Private. No 30652. 8th Battalion North Staffordshire Regiment. Born Crosland Moor, Huddersfield. Son of Henry and Annie Elizabeth Coe, of Heymoor House, Abbey Road, Shepley. Employed by Messrs Firth Brothers, New Mills, Shepley. Died of wounds in Whitechapel Hospital, London, 15.4.1918, 21 years. Buried EMMANUEL CHURCHYARD, SHELLEY. Grave location:- 350.
- ROH:- Shepley War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARRY COE
- regiment: North Staffordshire Regiment
- died: Monday, April 15, 1918
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 2752341
- If Somebody Remembers Me! Men from the Village of Shepley who Served in the Great War (2014) by Geoff Peel
- Emmanuel Church, Shelley: War Graves
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752341)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #877897)