Harry Brook (c.1891-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BROOK, HARRY. Private. No 49686. 1/9th Battalion The King's (Liverpool Regiment). Formerly No 30180 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Son of Mrs Clara Brook of Delph Terrace, Manchester Road, Milnsbridge; husband of Sarah Brook of 'Casa Nova', 334 Manchester Road, Milnsbridge. Employed as a twister's overlooker by Messrs John Crowther and Sons (Union Mills), Milnsbridge. Killed in action, 31.7.1917, 26 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the MENIN GATE MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Milnsbridge War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARRY BROOK
- regiment: King's Liverpool Regiment
- died: Tuesday, July 31, 1917
- age: 26 years
- record ID: 929255
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #929255)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #517252)