Harry Boothroyd (1882-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BOOTHROYD, HARRY. Private. No 269184. 1/7th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Swan Lane, Lockwood 16.3.1882. Son of George Boothroyd. Husband of Edith Annie Boothroyd, 63 Blackhouse Road, Fartown. Employed by Messrs T. and H. Blamires Limited, Leeds Road. Was a member of the Bradley Mills Bowling Club. Enlisted 17.3.1917. Killed in action, 14.4.1918, aged 36 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Christ Church, Woodhouse Hill; Huddersfield Drill Hall; Fartown and Birkby War Memorial; memorial in Lockwood Cemetery.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARRY BOOTHROYD
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Sunday, April 14, 1918
- age: 36 years
- record ID: 845463
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #845463)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #417956)