Harry Beever (c.1899-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BEEVER, HARRY. Private. No 45290. 13th Battalion York and Lancaster Regiment. Formerly No 59384 West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Holmfirth. Son of John and Elizabeth Beever of Burnlee, Holmfirth. Educated at Park Head Day and Sunday Schools. Employed by Messrs W. H. and J. Barber, Clarence Mills, Holmbridge. Enlisted 1.9.1917. Trained at Catterick and later at Whitley Bay, leaving there on 30.3.1918. Arrived in France, 1.4.1918. Reported missing, 12.4.1918, aged 18 years. Buried in LE GRAND BEAUMART BRITISH CEMETERY, STEENWERCK. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row G, Grave 9.
- ROH:- Upperthong War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private BEEVER
- regiment: York and Lancaster Regiment
- died: Friday, April 12, 1918
- age: 18 years
- record ID: 204285
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #204285)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #278817)