Harry Beaumont (c.1894-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BEAUMONT, HARRY. Rifleman. No R/19757. 20th Battalion King's Royal Rifle Corps. Son of Brook and Ellen Beaumont of Choppards Buildings, Holmfirth. Employedin the finishing department of Messrs J. Watkinson and Sons Limited, Washpit Mills. Attended Hade Edge Wesleyan Church, being Superintendent of the Sunday School and a member of the choir. Enlisted 26.1.1916. Wounded, 9.9.1916, and came back to England, receiving treatment in Lancashire. Returned to France after three month's treatment. Killed in action, 12.3.1917, aged 22 years. Buried in FAUBOURG D'AMIENS CEMETERY, ARRAS. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row F, Grave 25.
- ROH:- Hade Edge War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Rifleman HARRY BEAUMONT
- regiment: King's Royal Rifle Corps
- died: Monday, March 12, 1917
- age: 22 years
- record ID: 283461
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #283461)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #265654)