Harry Bastow (c.1895-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BASTOW, HARRY. Gunner. No 741306. 34th Brigade Royal Field Artillery. Born Huddersfield. Died of wounds, 25.9.1918. Buried in TERLINCTHUN BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 5, Row B, Grave 24.
- ROH:- St. Bartholomew's Church, Meltham.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner HARRY BASTOW
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Wednesday, September 25, 1918
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 4024427
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #4024427)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #234255)