Harry Barraclough (c.1897-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BARRACLOUGH, HARRY. Private. No 241631. 6th (City of Glasgow) Battalion Highland Light Infantry. Born Almondbury. Son of Emma J. Barraclough, 148 Ashes Lane, Almondbury. Employed as a cellarman at the Huddersfield Railway Station restaurant. Killed in action, 7.7.1918, aged 21 years. Buried in LA TARGETTE BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 4, Row A, Grave 5.
- ROH:- Almondbury War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private BARRACLOUGH
- regiment: Highland Light Infantry
- died: Sunday, July 7, 1918
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 530625
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #530625)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #211621)