Harry Armitage (1892-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ARMITAGE, HARRY. Private. No 203561. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Crosland Moor 22.2.1892. Son of John and Elizabeth Armitage, 87 College Street, Crosland Moor. Attended Crosland Moor Council School. Worked as a gardener at the Crosland Moor Institution. Was a playing member of the Crosland Moor Public Handbell Ringers. Attended St. Barnabas Church, Crosland Moor. Enlisted February, 1916. Died of multiple wounds and loss of blood through having a leg amputated at 34th Casualty Clearing Station, 2.11.1918. Buried in GREVILLERS BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 17, Row D, Grave 16.
- ROH:- St. Barnabas Church, Crosland Moor; United Methodist Church, Crosland Moor; Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARRY ARMITAGE
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Saturday, November 2, 1918
- age: 26 years
- record ID: 289536
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #289536)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #62859)
- St. Barnabas Church Roll of Honour — see PDF #2