Harrison Hampshire (c.1893-1917)
Courtesy of David Simmons:
- Private, 6th Battalion, King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Regimental no 40018. Killed in Action. Born in Emley Moor. Died 9 May 1917 in France aged 23 years. Son of William and Mary Ann Hampshire, Factory Farm, Emley Moor. Employed as a Worker on the farm. Enlisted at Pontefract. Commemorated on the Arras Memorial, Bay 7.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HAMPSHIRE, HARRISON. Private. No 40018. 6th Battalion King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Born Emley Moor. Son of William Hampshire, Factory Farm, Emley Moor. Killed in action, 9.5.1917, aged 23. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Emley War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HARRISON HAMPSHIRE
- regiment: King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
- died: Wednesday, May 9, 1917
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 785085
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #785085)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1773440)
Notes and References
- Twitter: @ProjectDCS.