Harold Tiffany (1897-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- TIFFANY, HAROLD. Private. No 30175. 'Y' Company, 8th Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Lockwood 15.3.1897. Son of Fred and Ada Tiffany, 14 Scar Top, Lockwood, Huddersfield. Educated Lockwood Council School. Employed by Messrs Cliffe and Company, machine makers, of Longroyd Bridge. Was a member of the Primrose Hill United Methodist Church Young Men's Class. Single. Enlisted 19.6.1916. Embarked for France in October, 1916. Killed by a fragment of a shell at Grandcourt on 23.11.1916, aged 19. Buried GRANDCOURT ROAD CEMETERY. Grave location:- Row B, Grave 51.
- ROH:- Emmanuel Church, Lockwood.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HAROLD TIFFANY
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Thursday, November 23, 1916
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 544736
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #544736)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4446886)