Harold Pearson (c.1888-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- PEARSON, HAROLD. Private. No 28807. 7th Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment. Born Burtoncliffe Head. Son of Mr and Mrs W. Pearson, 48 West End Road, Golcar. Husband of Mary Eliza Pearson. At one time he assisted his father in his greengrocery business but, prior to enlistment, was employed as a weaver by Messrs G. Mallinson and Sons Limited, Linthwaite. Attended Golcar Baptist Chapel. Enlisted 1.3.1916. Embarked for France on 17.7.1916. Killed in action at the Battle of Arras, 17.7.1917, aged 29 years. Buried St. NICOLAS BRITISH CEMETERY, ARRAS. Grave Location:- Plot 2, Row A, Grave 17.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Golcar.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private HAROLD PEARSON
- regiment: Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Tuesday, July 17, 1917
- age: 29 years
- record ID: 51087
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #51087)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3452450)