Harold Messenger (c.1895-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MESSENGER, HAROLD. Ordinary Seaman. No J/61859 (PO). HMS Victory. Born Honley. Son of Mr John Messenger, Cooperative Terrace, Honley. Employed by the Refuge Assurance Society at Huddersfield. Attended Moorbottom Congregational Church. Was a keen cricketer. Enlisted in the Navy in November, 1916 and was stationed at Portsmouth. Came home on leave on Friday, 16.12.1916. Died of meningitis on 20.12.1916, aged 21 years. Buried HONLEY CHURCH BURIAL GROUND. Grave location:- 62, 550.
- ROH:- Honley War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Ordinary Seaman HAROLD MESSENGER
- regiment: Royal Navy
- died: Wednesday, December 20, 1916
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 2752024
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752024)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #6343147)