Harold Haigh (c.1894-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HAIGH, HAROLD. Corporal. No 376948. 1/8th Battalion Manchester Regiment. Formerly No 13192 King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Born Crosland Moor. Husband of M. E. Haigh, 17 Bath Street, Lockwood. Died of wounds, 29.9.1918, aged 24 years. Buried GREVILLERS BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 14, Row E, Grave 14.
- ROH:- St. Barnabas Church, Crosland Moor.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Corporal HAROLD HAIGH
- regiment: Manchester Regiment
- died: Sunday, September 29, 1918
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 290194
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #290194)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1515475)
- St. Barnabas Church Roll of Honour — see PDF #3