Harold Haigh (1897-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HAIGH, HAROLD. Corporal. No 25732. 7th Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment. Born Horbury, Wakefield, 24.6.1897. Lived 5 Albert Street, Lockwood. Employed as a woollen piecer. Single. Reported missing, presumed killed, 8.2.1917. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Stephen's Church, Rashcliffe.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Corporal HAROLD HAIGH
- regiment: Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Thursday, February 8, 1917
- record ID: 788295
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #788295)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1515458)