Harold Farrar (c.1895-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- FARRAR, HAROLD. Rifleman. No C/7226. 18th Battalion King's Royal Rifle Corps. Born Holmfirth. Son of Mr and Mrs J. Sydney Farrar of Underbank Holmfirth. Husband of Irene Farrar, of Church Terrace, Holmfirth. Educated at Hade Edge Council School. Employed at Washpit Mills, Holmfirth. Enlisted 1915. Came home on leave shortly before his death and had only been back in France four weeks when he was wounded and died of his wounds on 24.8.1918, aged 23 years. Buried LIJSSENTHOEK MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 25, Row G, Grave 27.
- ROH:- Holmfirth War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Rifleman FARRAR
- regiment: King's Royal Rifle Corps
- died: Saturday, August 24, 1918
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 143798
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #143798)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1200208)